Application Registry Key
Each application takes its parameters in a key named
In order to integrate smoothly with the NT System Policies,
a template is given to include with the standard templates.
The settings under the "HKLM\SOFTWARE\MarcStern\ApplicationName"
key may be overwritten by values in these sub-keys (in this order):
This allows to set the values for all machines or one particular type
of machines through System Policies and to overwrite them
for one specific machine.
where machine is the name of the machine the package runs on.
- PDC for a primary domain controller
- BDC for a primary domain controller
- DC for a primary or backup domain controller
- SERVER for a NT server (domain controller or not)
- WORKSTATION for a NT workstation
The machine type seems to not be reliable when a program runs as a
boot-time service, like when launching the program from the NT resource
kit utility AUTOEXNT.
[Other NT tools] ...
[How to contact me] ...
[Batch files tips & tricks]